The City of Rochester has scheduled community meetings where you will have the opportunity to discuss your comments about the city’s Draft Comprehensive Plan (See below).
Online and PDF versions of Rochester 2034, along with navigational and interactive tools, can be found at www.CityOfRochester.gov/Roc2034.
Under the Natural Resources [NR] Action Plan is a section, NR-4d, which says explore the opportunity to support bird-friendly development and design guidelines for new development within the city, which could include:
- Install bird-friendly, non-reflective windows
- Use awnings and overhangs to add visual cues to birds and reduce reflection
- Discourage use of angled glass windows
- Use glare-minimizing external lights, and reduce spill light
It lists as partners – the City, Rochester Birding Association, Genesee Audubon Society, and Developers
Meetings are scheduled:
- June 11th (6:30- 8 pm) – Frederick Douglass R-Center gym, 999 South Ave
- June 17th (6- 7:30 pm) – Phillis Wheatley Community Library, 33 Dr. Samuel McCree Way
- June 18th (2- 3:30 pm) – Phillis Wheatley Community Library, 33 Dr. Samuel McCree Way
- June 19th (6:30- 8 pm) – David F. Gantt R-Center conference room, 700 North Street