[The newest photos are automatically added to the end of the thumbnail gallery. As the 30 days go by, the photos slowly rise to the top. The size and placement of the thumbnails are determined by the website software.]
Just a few simple rules we will be following:
1) You must be an RBA member to contribute photos.
2) The pictures must have been taken in Western New York in the last 30 days. Pictures will be posted in the gallery until they are 30 days old after which they will be placed in a monthly archive gallery.
3) A submitted picture may be subject to cropping and color/lighting enhancement to bring out the best your picture has to offer (especially true for novice photographers). If you can do this before you submit the photo it will speed up the process of getting photos on the website. Also all photo file sizes will be decreased as much as possible without losing photo detail when viewed on a normal computer screen.
4) If multiple pictures of the same bird species are received, then we will try to get at least one picture posted for each person. We want all RBA members to have the opportunity to have pictures posted! However, depending on the number received and other limiting factors, we may not be able to use all the photos submitted every month.
5) Send an email with your photos attached or a Flickr link to Dick Horsey at “[email protected]”. The following information MUST be included in the email for each photo: (a) bird identification, (b) where picture was taken (hotspot name, park name, or town/suburb), (c) RBA member name, (d) date bird photo was taken. Most photos will be added to the gallery within a week of receipt!
6) By submitting your image to RBA, you are granting RBA the rights to use your image on our website, social media, and other electronic properties. Thank you!