As an organization, the RBA strives to support birds and birders in the greater Rochester and the Genesee Valley region of New York. We promote birding and conservation, educate people about birds, produce this website, as well as a paper and e-newsletter, collect and share bird data, hold monthly meetings with fantastic speakers, organize 50+ field trips per year, including beginner field trips, and lots more.
Each of these activities requires the work and dedication of passionate people who care about birds by supporting the RBA with their time and effort. Meet our Committee Chairs, below.
- Bird Records – Andrea Patterson
- Circulation – Sheryl Gracewski
- Communications/Publicity – Liz Magnanti
- Conservation – Amy Kahn
- Editor, Little Gull – Jay Greenberg
- Field Trips – vacant
- Item Sales – Nancy Poeth
- Membership – vacant
- Membership Database – Jo Taylor
- Nominating – Cathy Ballard
- Outreach – vacant
- Social Events – Wanda Thistle
- Website – Laura Kammermeier and Shelley Patterson
- Young Birders – Andrea Patterson
- Historian – Jeanne SkelIy
Please let us know if you can dedicate just one or even several hours sometime throughout this coming year to help out our committees. Many hands make light work and we could really use the help! Please inquire if you’re interested!
CURRENT OPEN POSITIONS (updated October 19, 2018)
We seek to fill the following vacancies:
- Outreach/Publicity Chair
- Membership Chair
- Field Trip Chair
Filling these vacancies will ensure RBA activities will continue, and that responsibilities to our members will be fulfilled. Inquire with Amy Kahn if you’re interested.